Since May of 2014, we have a had a team of over 30 civil engineers, geotechnical engineers, architects, planners, archaeologists, environmentalists and our project management team working daily on this to get everything completed so we can get our Development agreement and Comprehensive Site Development Plan approved by the county and construction can begin.
- All geotechnical and slope setback studies are complete.
- The storm water management plan which requires the creation of new wetlands is complete.
- The sanitary waste water treatment design with requires the creation of two effluent ponds is complete.
- The water supply plans are complete.
- The final detailed 3D track design and grading plan is complete.
- The entire master site plan of the development is complete.
- The schematic designs for the paddock building architecture is complete.
- All landscape architecture is complete.
There are still a few loose ends to finish up but all work should be done early this year. It has taken longer than expected, mainly due to the difficult and complex terrain we are dealing with and the vast scope of area (larger than all of downtown Calgary, as pictured below) that has to be designed and integrated by the entire team. Still, everything is looking good and one benefit is the Valley track has longer, with more elevation changes to accommodate the new storm water runoff ponds and water treatment effluent ponds. We are waiting for County approvals before we publicly release the final design plans.